Sunday, June 10

Test riding the new Givi MonoKey top case...

Well, I am forced to take to the road this morning to test ride the new top case. It sure looks great! Given my total satisfication with the Givi 36 liter side bags, I went with the top seller in the monokey Givi top case too.

Saturday's family obligations reduced my riding to a shortie--only about 60 miles on a day that only a higher power could have made! It was absolutely amazing, hot but not scorching--perfect for my summer perforated leather jacket. Only a gentle breeze to contend with and a sparkling sun high in an azure sky. One could not ask for more! I left the family gala late and enjoyed a wonderful night ride back into the city. Everyone seemed out and about and sane.

But it's time to ride! Whereabouts still unknown. I'm going to pick a place and head in that direction. Here are some pics of Queenie's new look. The top case fits the helmet, and it will tote a pair of Rollerblades with its gear--but not with the motorcycle helmet. For long day rides, I'm going to love being able to take only the top case and leave the side cases at home.

I have myself a real tourer!

Ride safe!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ... that's a mighty fine looking top case you got there. But ... you neglected to say what model it is!--DBrent :)

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

Brent, thanks! Notice the post title change and new link. The top case is the Givi E35 (liter) Monokey. Today while out on the road, it dawned on me that my favorite boots (Sidi), Nolan helmet, Givi side cases and now top case were all made in Italy. I just might need to get a Ducati!

Bodhislackva said...

Well done.

You've created a nice light tourer from a production bike. Queenie's truly your own, fit for your purposes and an expression of your tastes. That's old school customization in a nutshell.

I'm an incurable Ducati owner myself, but don't forget Moto-Guzzi as a practical Italian alternative.

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

bodhislackva,
Thanks! I sometimes forget about the Moto Guzzi--but I sat on a Ducati--I haven't forgotten that. Wow!

Crusty said...

I Happen into a Trader Joe's food store the other day and came across Sharon's Sorbet. Hmmmm I said to myself ( old age is setting in...i tend to talk to myself now) I know someone who would appreciate this. So JUST for YOU i decided to try the coconut flavor. I am happy to report...Sharon's is my new favorite tasty treat! -Crusty
http://www.sharons-sorbet.com/

Chris said...

Looks like you're getting ready for a "North to Alaska" trip, girl. I'm still looking for a SV650 to buy, so far no luck.

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

Crusty! Thanks for thinking of me and having some coconut sorbet on my behalf! You made me desire some of that for myself! I found their website--gotta figure out how to get some delivered here! Coconut is one of my favorite flavors! Sharon's Sorbet--who would have "thunk it"?

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

Chris, now that made me laugh! Dont' give me ideas--I've been wanting to take a motorcycle trip to Alaska--glad I'm at least looking the part! That SV is coming your way...I can feel it. Hang on...

Anonymous said...

Finally, pictures of Sharon's SV650ST. The Givi setup looks great - I'm totally jealous. I want some now.